The new model Sherpa 4×4 17,000Lb heavy duty winch is ideal for the tough pulls and is the most popular model supplied. Huge 6.6HP motor coupled with a 3 stage planetary gearbox makes this unit incredibly powerful. The winch is ideal for those running heavier 4×4’s or towing boats and caravans. Available in 12V or 24V with a genuine Albright solenoid as well as 28m or 45m spools and rope or cable options. The 28m version is designed to bolt directly into common winch bars without any modifications so is a great option for customers considering a powerful and reliable winch.
WHY ARE SHERPA WINCHES DIFFERENT TO THE COMPETITION?
- Tried and Tested – Sherpa 4×4 winches have been designed and built with many years experience in the winching and lifting business. These winches have been through many stages of testing and improvements to deliver a product Sherpa 4×4 is proud to offer to our customers. They have been witnessed to perform under water in the muddiest rain forests on the planet recovering ladened trucks to safety. Sealed to water and mud ingress they perform reliably in the toughest outback conditions.
- Tough & Durable – The Steed winch is designed to survive in all conditions, with 316 stainless steel fittings, this winch will stand up to all environments. Sherpa winches boast a IP68 rating meaning they are suitable for dusty and wet environments with quality o-rings and seals.
- Braking Design – Beware of cheap imitations! Many winches on the market use a ‘Brake in drum’ design which causes heat to build up in the winch damaging synthetic rope. ‘Brake in Drum’ winches are not designed for synthetic rope, this will become obvious at the most inconvenient time. Sherpa 4×4 winches are compatible with all types of synthetic rope as the brake is designed into the gearbox. This innovative design results in a trouble and heat free winch and braking combination.
- Quality gearboxes – Other brands use sintered steel to make their gears. In this process heat and pressure is used to cast shapes from powdered steel. Sintered gears are no where near as strong as gears which are CNC cut from quality billet steel. Sherpa specify and demand the highest quality components for every step of the winch build meaning we can deliver stronger winches which last.
- Electrics – Sherpa 4×4 winches come standard with fully sealed, water tight, heavy duty, genuine Albright solenoids. The number one failure for winches is the solenoid so why use anything but the best. Sherpa only offer Albright solenoids across our complete range of winches because they work. Don’t waste your time with imitations, demand the best.
- Powerful- Sherpa 4×4 winches come with massive series wound motors featuring higher amounts of copper in the winding’s then others. By specifying the best motors across all our winches as a standard component, you are ensured a more durable winch motor which can withstand the extreme conditions winching brings. The fully engineer designed frame and gearbox results in incredible winching power. Why settle for 9,000lb when more pulling power is available. When other winches are stalling, the Sherpa 4×4 units are still loading up.
- Simplicity – Sherpa 4×4 winches are supplied with the parts and materials making installation easy for the home mechanic. Made to fit the common winch bars (ARB, TJM, Toyota to name a few) in Australia, you’ll be amazed how quickly it can be integrated into your set-up. The bolting pattern is the standard pattern used by almost all winches including Warn and Ironman. If unsure what winch will ft your bull bar please see our winch dimensions & diagrams on our website or contact a sales representative. Note: fitment issues have been reported with 2012 Nissan Patrol ST GU wagon with factory bullbars. Check mounting width and consider Mustang winch for this vehicle.
- Fair leads & Hawse – Depending on if you’re after the synthetic rope or the steel cable a 4 roller fairlead or aluminium hawse will be supplied. An offset aluminium hawse can also be supplied on request.
- Warranty and Parts – Sherpa 4×4 offers a 5 Year warranty on 17,000lb winches. Please see the Sherpa 4×4 Product Warranty. An economical range of spares can be supplied to get you out of trouble if ever required.
- Options – A ‘Plug n Play’ wireless remote kit can be supplied if wireless operation is required. Battery cables can be upgraded to extra long 3 meter leads. Sherpa 4×4 also advises all winches be wired with a battery isolation switch rated to 500A continuous duty.